CIF Eligibility Information
Los Alamitos High School is a member of the C.I.F. Southern Section, Sunset League. To be eligible to participate in C.I.F. athletics, a student must meet the following criteria:
· Have proper district residency or be attending on a valid Interdistrict permit.
· Have proper insurance.
· Have passed at least 20 credits in the previous 6-week grading period.
· Be currently enrolled in classes worth 20 credits, only 5 of which may be from Physical Education.
· Be under 19 years of age as of June 15th of a student's junior (or third) year
· Refer to the 2.0 Rule below.
The 2.0 Rule - Any student participating in extra- or co-curricular activities must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above each semester. If the student falls below a 2.0 for a semester, s/he is given probationary status. If the student again falls below a 2.0 for another semester during his/her high school career, s/he will be ineligible to participate until a 2.0 semester GPA is achieved at a semester grading period. Any questions or details regarding Athletics should be directed to the Assistant Principal of Activities, at extension 82235.