A warm aloha to all students and parents of Room 6. I am so excited to get this year under way. First grade is a time of learning about stories; how to read, write and most importantly, talk about them. We will learn all about math which includes lots of counting, problem solving and more talking about how we figured things out. I'm encouraging a "growth mind set"... Students may not be able to do it YET but with hard work they will get it. We learn about our communities and how to get along in the classroom and the world. Please check out this website to see what is happening in the classroom!
- September 9 - Special Flag Ceremony in Remberance of 9/11
- September 23 - Step It Up - Fall Fundraiser Kick-Off
- September 28 - Los Al Family Night
- October 2 - Walk to School Day, College Day
- October 3 - McTeacher Night
- October 7 - Make up Picture Day
- October 21 - 25 Red Ribbon Week
- October 26 - Lee Carnival
- October 31 - Halloween Parade
- Novermber 1 - No School for students
Please don't hesitate to contact me for any reason, I am always happy to talk with you. You can send a note with your child, email or phone.
Phone: (562 ) 799-4540 ex. 73106