It’s time to join…
…the Hopkinson 4th and 5th Grade Chorus!
Why? To learn how to sing better,
to have extra opportunities to perform,
to have fun with other students who also love music.
· Rehearsals are held weekly on Wednesdays from 7:20-7:55 a.m. in the music room (#13), starting the first Wednesday in September 5, 2018.
· Participation is voluntary (no audition required) and free. Some performance venues have an entrance fee for audience members (Talent Show, All District Choral Festival).
· Consistent attendance at rehearsals is required in order to perform. Please see calendar for performance dates. Additional dates may be added.
· Performance attire: chorus t-shirt ($10), black pants/shoes. During cold weather, students may wear a white long sleeved shirt underneath to stay warm.
· Please return attached permission slip to participate, or register online by clicking the link sent by email to all 4th/5th grade families.
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
first day of chorus
7:20-7:55 a.m in music room #13
Friday, November 8, 2019
Hopkinson Veteran's Day Assembly
8:10 a.m. blacktop
8:15-9:00 a.m. blacktop
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Los Alamitos Winter Wonderland (Street Carnival on Pine St. between Florista and Katella, Los Alamitos)
*Meet at St. Isidore statue on Reagan St.
Friday, December 13, 2019
Rossmoor Winter Festival (Rush Park, Rossmoor)
call time will be 45 minutes prior to our performance assignment
*meet in breezeway between buildings
We will be assigned a 30 minute performance window sometime between 6-9 p.m.
Monday, January 10, 2020
All District Elementary Choral Clinic
8:30 a.m. load buses for McGaugh Auditorium
Rehearse at McGaugh from 9-11 a.m.
Hopkinson's Got Talent
6:00 p.m in McGaugh auditorium
Monday, March 16, 2020
All District Choral Festival
Bus Transportation to morning rehearsal (usually return around lunchtime)
6:30-8:30 p.m. performance at Cottonwood Church
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 District Board Report
6:15 p.m. Los Alamitos School Disrict Board Room 10293 Bloomfield St.
Sunday, May 3, 2020
Rossmoor Community Festival Call time will be 45 minutes prior to our performance assignment. We will be assigned a 30 minute performance window sometime between 1-4p.m. Wednesday, May 6, 2020 Chorus End of Year Breakfast/Last Day of Chorus 7:30 a.m.
- I will be at all chorus rehearsals and performances unless I am sick or excused, wearing the appropriate rehearsal or performance attire.
- I will maintain good grades and a great discipline record so that my parents and my teachers know that I can handle this extra activity.
- I will take care of my music, costumes, and props at all rehearsals and performances.
- I will respect the choral director and choir classmates at all times.
- I will challenge myself to learn, sing, and perform all of our music.
***You may either complete this form online through the link sent by email to all 4th/5th grade families, or print and complete this form and return to Mrs. McElderry.
**If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
I agree to follow the chorus expectations and to participate in all rehearsals and performances unless I am sick or excused.
Student Name ____________________________ Grade _____
Student Signature _________________________
Teacher _____________________ Classroom # ____________
I give my student permission to participate in the Hopkinson Chorus for the 2019-2020 school year. I will notify the instructor prior to performances regarding scheduling conflicts.
Parent Name ____________________________
Parent Signature _________________________
Email address ____________________ phone number _______________
T-shirt Order Form
Performance Attire: Hopkinson Chorus t-shirt, black pants, black socks, black shoes. To purchase a t-shirt, please attach cash or a $10 check made out to LAUSD.
_____youth small (6-8) _____adult small
_____youth medium (10-12) _____adult medium
_____youth large (14-16) _____adult large