It’s time to join…
…the LEE 4th and 5th Grade Chorus!
Why? To learn how to sing better,
to have extra opportunities to perform,
to have fun with other students who also love music.
· Rehearsals are held weekly on Fridays from 7:25-8:00 a.m. in the music room (#22), starting the first Friday in September.
· Participation is voluntary (no audition required) and free. Some performance venues have an entrance fee for audience members (Talent Show, All District Choral Festival).
· Consistent attendance at rehearsals is required in order to perform. Please see calendar for performance dates. Additional dates may be added.
· Performance attire: chorus t-shirt ($10), black pants/shoes. During cold weather, students may wear a black long sleeve shirt underneath to stay warm.
· Please return attached permission slip to participate, or register online by clicking the link sent by email to all 4th/5th grade families.
Friday, September 6, 2019
first day of chorus 7:25-8:00 a.m.
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Patriotic Performance at Los Al Board Report
meet against side brick wall outside of building.
6:30 p.m., Los Alamitos School Board Room, 10293 Bloomfield St.
Sunday, November 10, 2019
Veteran's Day Celebration @ St. Isidore Historical Plaza
in the hall
Free dinner provided for all performers and families
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Los Alamitos Winter Wonderland (Street carnival on Pine St. between Katella and Florista, Los Alamitos)
*meet at Sit. Isidore statue on Reagan St.
Friday, December 13, 2019
Rossmoor Winter Festival (Rush Park, Rossmoor)
45 minute prior to performance time
*Meet in breezeway between buildings
We will be a assigned a 30 minute performance window sometime between 6-9 p.m.
Friday, January 10, 2020
All District Elementary Choral Clinic
8:30 a.m. load buses for McGaugh Auditorium
Rehearse at McGaugh from 9-11 a.m.
Monday, March 16, 2020
All District Choral Festival
Bus Transportation to morning rehearsal (usually return around lunchtime)
6:30-8:30 p.m. performance at Cottonwood Church
Thursday May 14, 2020
Lee Talent Show
6:00 p.m. at McGaugh Auditorium
Friday, May 22, 2020
Chorus Breakfast Party 7:30-8 a.m. in choir room
- I will be at all chorus rehearsals and performances unless I am sick or excused, wearing the appropriate rehearsal or performance attire.
- I will maintain good grades and a great discipline record so that my parents and my teachers know that I can handle this extra activity.
- I will take care of my music, costumes, and props at all rehearsals and performances.
- I will respect the choral director and choir classmates at all times.
- I will challenge myself to learn, sing, and perform all of our music.
***You may either complete this form online through the link sent by email to all 4th/5th grade families, or print and complete this form and return to Mrs. McElderry.
**If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
I agree to follow the chorus expectations and to participate in all rehearsals and performances unless I am sick or excused.
Student Name ____________________________ Grade _____
Student Signature _________________________
Teacher _____________________ Classroom # ____________
I give my student permission to participate in the Lee Chorus for the 2019-2020 school year. I will notify the instructor prior to performances regarding scheduling conflicts.
Parent Name ____________________________
Parent Signature _________________________
Email address ____________________ phone number _______________
T-shirt Order Form
Performance Attire: Lee Chorus t-shirt, black pants, black socks, black shoes. To purchase a t-shirt, please attach cash or a $10 check made out to LAUSD. (Returning 5th graders may wear last year's shirt if it fits and is in good condition.)
_____youth small (6-8) _____adult small
_____youth medium (10-12) _____adult medium
_____youth large (14-16) _____adult large
_____adult extra large