2020-2021 Grade Change Requests

We wanted to make you aware of new California legislation that may impact high school students’ grades from the 2020-2021 school year. Students enrolled in high school in the 2020-2021 school year may now apply to have a letter grade replaced with a Pass or No Pass grade, if they choose. 

High school families and students can request a Pass/No Pass grade for each semester of a course in their 2020-2021 schedule.  This can be completed for one, multiple, or all semesters of courses taken during the last school year. This includes Fall 2020, Spring 2021 and Summer 2021 courses. The last day to submit a request is Friday, August 27, 2021Los Al Unified has 15 days from receipt of a received Grade Change Request Form to update a transcript and notify a family/student of all grade changes. All grade changes are final. The District has developed a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding Pass/No Pass grades. 

It is important to note that some higher educational institutions, including those from other states, may not accept a Pass/No Pass grade on a student’s transcript. However, here is a list of post-secondary educational institutions that have indicated to the California Department of Education (CDE) that they will accept Pass/No Pass grades without prejudice.

Two copies of the Grade Change Request Form must be turned in at the Los Alamitos Unified School District Administration Offices between 7:30AM-4:30PM at 10293 Bloomfield Street, Los Alamitos, no later than 3:30 PM on Friday, October 29, 2021.  All of this information and the linked documents can be accessed on the District Website. High school students who do not wish to modify their earned letter grades from last school year do not need to take any further action.