Reflections Art Program | The California State PTA
The mission of the California State PTA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families.
REFLECTIONS: IT’S ALL ABOUT THE ARTS
“Heroes Around Us”
That’s the theme for the 2018-19 Reflections Art Program which has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. And California State PTA and its members, families and kids are on the forefront of this amazing program, and at PTA schools in California, 46,327 students participated in last year’s program.
Deadline to McAuliffe front office by Friday, October 19, 2018.
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
Click for an entry form and official rules.
PARTICIPATION IS EASY, EXCITING AND EMPOWERING
All students attending PTA schools sponsoring the program are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
- Film production
- Music composition
- Visual arts.
Artworks are submitted first to school-level PTAs, where they are first recognized, celebrated and judged by five grade-level divisions, while a non-judged Special Artists division celebrates student artists with special needs. School PTAs then choose a selection of entries to be judged by local PTA units, which are then sent on to councils and then districts for consideration. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by districts are then considered for Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit. Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging round. Please review general entry rules. Here is the link for the Reflections:
State-level Award of Excellence honorees receive:
- The opportunity to showcase their artwork at the California State PTA Convention
- Prizes including an Award of Excellence medal, certificate and a $100 savings bond presented on stage at the PTA convention
- An expense-paid trip for the award-winning student and one parent/guardian to the convention
Questions? Please contact Reflections Chairs, Brandi Fullen at email@example.com.