HUSKIES READHome Reading Incentive ProgramSponsored by the Hopkinson PTACLICK HERE to download HUSKIES READ Monthly LogThe primary goal of HUSKIES READ is to motivate students to read, enjoy reading,and read for at least 20 minutes every day. Daily reading is an integral part of your child’s education and is expected by each of the Hopkinson teachers, so we know that you and your child will want to be a part of this incentive program!The HUSKIESREAD Program works in the following ways:
- Each month, October – April, students who read and/or are read to for at least 20 minutes a day need to have their parent or guardian initial that day on the reading log; weekends and holidays included.
- Your child’s classroom teacher may require more reading than 20 minutes a night. HUSKIES READ is NOT an additional reading, any nightly reading completed as part of your child’s homework can be counted towards the 20 minutes for HUSKIES READ.
- The student’s full name, room number, teacher’s name, reading month, and grade are required at the top of the reading log.
- Parents verify that your student has read and/or been read to each day by signing or initialing one day for each line on the chart. The numbers match the days of the month. At the end of the month please sign the bottom of the reading log as verification that your child read or was read to 20 minutes a day for at least 16 days.
- The completed log is due on the 1st school day of the following month. Late sheets will be accepted until the 3rd school day of the following month giving every family three grace days to remember to turn it in to their teacher. No sheets will be accepted after the 3rd school day.
- At the end of May, students who have received credit for five months or more of reading logs will be eligible to participate in the HUSKIES READ incentive assembly in the spring.
- Have a great time reading with your child!