Welcome to the Rossmoor Elementary School! We are delighted to register your child for school and begin the exciting journey of academics and personal growth together. The registration forms will be completed online after forms (verification of address, verification of age [i.e., birth certificate, birth record, baptism certificate, passport, or parent affidavit], and immunization records) are turned into your school.
Click on the link below for detailed information. Please allow at least one minute for the pages to download.
Please click on the following link
Children who turn 5 on or before September 1, 2018, can enter Kindergarten.
Children who turn 5 between September 2 - December 2, 2018 are ONLY eligible for Transitional Kindergarten.
Enrollment is conducted by our office coordinator, Doreen Gertjejansen. The office will be open for enrollment from 8:30 - 3:00pm on a daily basis. If you have questions, please email Mrs. Gertjejansen at DGertjejansen@losal.org or calling (562) 799-4520.
Kindergarten - 5th Grade Registration
February 12 - February 16 Registration for District Residents ONLY
Registration for Inter-District Permit Requests will be accepted at the District Office beginning March 5th
Office opens on July 25th for new student registration.
Required for Registration
1. Verification of Age- i.e. birth certificate, birth record, baptism certificate, passport, or parent/guardian affidavit
2. Proof of Residency - The parent or guardian of a student seeking to enroll in the Los Alamitos Unified School District must present two items verifying proof of residence in the Los Alamitos Unified School District. The only items that will be accepted as proof of residence include: mortgage verification with name and address, deed to a home, escrow papers (opening and closing papers), tax receipt (property taxes or personal property taxes), current rental agreement naming tenants, current car insurance verification, current bank statement (account numbers removed), current payroll stub.
- Physician Information- The name, address and phone number of family physician.
- Physical Examination- A health report performed by a medical physician no more than six months prior to the first day of Kindergarten (i.e., performed after March 1, 2017 for most elementary schools ). Forms are available on the website and at all district elementary schools.
Immunizations - Proper evidence of full immunizations. Immunization requirements are as follows:
- Polio: a minimum of 3 doses received at the appropriate intervals:
2nd dose: 6-10 weeks after first dose
3rd dose: 6-12 months after 2nd dose
4th dose: needed only if 3rd dose was given before 4th birthday
- DPT (or combination of DPT,DT or td):
Students under age 7 years - a minimum of 4 doses at the appropriate intervals:
2nd dose: 4-8 weeks after 1st dose
3rd dose: 4-8 weeks after 2nd dose
4th dose: 6-12 months after 3rd dose
5th dose: needed only if 4th dose was given before 4th birthday
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR):
2 doses, which must be given on or after date of 1st birthday
- Hepatitis B:
3 doses for kindergarten entry. Must have at least started the immunization for kindergarten registration.
1 dose or health care provider documented disease or immunity
6. Oral Health Assessment- Administered by August 8, 2018. The law specifies that an assessment must be performed by a licensed dentist or registered dental health professional. Oral health assessments that have happened within the 12 months before your child enters school also meet this requirement.