An absence earns 0 points for the day whether due to illness, vacation, independent study, etc.
Points may be made up by completing any of the following:
1) Complete the mile run on Wednesday during zero period (**Must give verification slip to zero period Teacher to sign then return to your PE teacher ASAP.)
2) Join the running club any Tuesday after school (**Must give verification slip to running club teacher to sign then return to your PE teacher ASAP.)
3) Complete an outside mile run using your fit bit, running app., treadmill, have someone time you, etc. (** Must be able to show completed run time on fit bit, app., picture, etc. and have verification slip signed by your parent then return to your PE teacher ASAP.)
4) Participate in an outside organized run (Race on the Base, 5K, etc. – must be pre-approved by PE teacher [** Must have proof of completed run and have verification slip signed by your parent then return to your PE teacher ASAP.])
5) Read a sports related article then Write/type up a RACER/ACER paragraph (using the colors) summarizing the article. Must attach a copy of article to the typed paragraph.
**Extra credit slips are available in the locker room (teacher’s office)!
An absence in PE due to a school-sponsored activity such as a rehearsal or field trip is excused (NA). It does not count towards or against your grade in PE.