At Oak we love celebrating our lions! Students are recognized for excellence in academics as well as behavior. Below are just a few ways we let our students know they are doing an excellent job.
- Paw Passes: Teachers and staff members reward students who demonstrate excellent behavior or superior efforts with a Lion “Paw Pass.” Paw Passes can be entered in monthly drawings to earn prizes such as gift cards for Starbucks, Yogurtland, In and Out, and many other great stores and restaurants!
- Monthly Awards: Each month, teachers are given the opportunity to recognize three of their outstanding students.
- The Bravo Award is given to a student who demonstrates consistent hard work or significant improvement in a subject area, academic effort, or classroom cooperation.
- The Academic Achievement Award is given to a student who is shining in their academic progress and achievement.
- The P.A.C.E. Award (Pursuing Academic and Character Excellence) is awarded to a student who has been a model student. Students who earn this award are model students who not only work hard academically, but are excellent members of their learning communities.
- Honor Roll and Principal’s List: Students who earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher, with no more than one “N” and no “U” in citizenship, will be honored after each semester. The criteria for awards are as follows: 3.5-3.9 Honor Roll and 4.0 Principal’s List.
- Lion Pride Award: Three times a year, teachers nominate a student to be recognized for demonstrating excellence within a specific content area. These students are recognized at an honorary lunch hosted by administration and PTA. This award is one of highest honors a student can earn at Oak!
- Eighth Grade Awards Night: After three years of hard work, some of Oak's top eight grade students are invited to Eighth Grade Awards Night. Students are recognized for a variety of achievements in academics, athletics, attendance, character, and citizenship.