Interdistrict Transfers (for families residing outside of district boundaries)
Requests for NEW Interdistrict Transfer Agreements for the 2024 - 2025 School Year Will be Accepted Beginning February 26, 2024.
Please Click on the link below to review the slides from the Informational Zoom Webinar that was held on February 1, 2024
NEW STUDENTS REQUESTING ENROLLMENT INTO THE LOS ALAMITOS USD
Process for families residing outside the Los Alamitos USD
A. Parent/Guardian must first contact the school/district of residence (the school/district closest to where the student lives) to request an Interdistrict Transfer Agreement to be released from that school district.
B. If approved for release by the district of residence, Parent/Guardian will receive an outgoing Interdistrict Transfer Agreement form from the district of residence, releasing the student to request enrollment in the Los Alamitos Unified School District.
C. Upon successful completion of "A" and "B," please gather the documents listed below (If this is your child's first year in school the first four will not apply.) and complete the following steps:
- Copy of unofficial transcripts and current report card
- Copy of Attendance Record
- Copy of Discipline Record
- Copy of Current State Testing Results (if available)
- Information related to special programs (if applicable): Current IEP, Section 504 Plan, GATE Status, Advanced Placement Coursework
- Electronically submit (via email) the Interdistrict Transfer Agreement (from the district of residence) along with the supporting documents from above (scanned documents are preferred, but pictures will also be accepted) to Lisa Wallace at IDTRequest@losal.org. You may also hand deliver all items to the District Office at 10293 Bloomfield St., Building E, Los Alamitos, CA 90720.
- Complete and electronically submit the following online forms:
- Los Alamitos USD's IDT Permit Information form
- Supplemental Agreement for Interdistrict Transfers
Once you have sent the email (and any supporting documents) to IDTRequest@losal.org, and completed and submitted both online forms, you are finished with the process. Due to the large volume of requests, you may not receive notification regarding the status of your request until mid-May or early June. Thank you for your patience and understanding.