Universal TK/Kindergarten Enrollment
State Eligibility Dates for Universal Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten Programs Are:
- Universal Transitional Kindergarten (UTK): Students who turn 5 years of age on or between September 2, 2024 and June 2, 2025. (Please see the bottom of this page to learn more about the difference between Universal Transitional Kindergarten and Traditional Kindergarten)
- Kindergarten: Students who turn 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2024.
Parent Information Meeting Resources:
Thursday, January 25, 2024
Click Here to View the Slides from the Transitional Kindergarten Presentation
Click Here to View the Slides from the Kindergarten Presentation
In addition to information about our award-winning instructional programs, the presentations will also cover:
- Philosophy of Los Alamitos Unified School District’s Kindergarten Program
- Differences between Universal Transitional Kindergarten versus Kindergarten
- Overview of a typical day in Kindergarten
- How to enroll for UTK/Kindergarten
- How to take advantage of our on-site extended child care option (Extended Day Care)
To begin the online process of enrolling a new student please click here.
(Using the above link allows families to enroll in Universal TK/Kindergarten completely online, without dropping off any documents at a school site. For families that do not have access to scanning or uploading of documents, please contact your home elementary school to arrange to submit the required documents for enrollment.)
Los Alamitos Unified School District wants every child to be prepared for success in school. To ensure that kindergarten children are fully able to achieve success in the increasingly rigorous, State-Standards-Based Curriculum, the District also offers Universal Transitional Kindergarten in addition to our regular kindergarten.
February 5, 2024 through February 9, 2024
2024-2025 UNIVERSAL TK/KINDERGARTEN ENROLLMENT for District Residents
We are delighted to enroll your child for school and begin the exciting journey of academics and personal growth together.
The following items are required for enrollment:
A) Age Verification (i.e., Birth Certificate, Birth Record, Baptism Certificate, Passport or Parent/Guardian Affidavit)
B) Up-to-Date Immunizations (or copy of most recent immunizations at time of enrollment)
C) Two forms of Verification of Proof of Residency or an approved interdistrict transfer
D) Verification of Meeting all Health Requirements
In addition to completing the online enrollment process, please also download, print and complete the following forms as they apply:
- Oral Health Assessment Form (UTK, K) – Oral Health
- Physical Health Assessment (UTK, K and 1st grade) – Physical Health Assessment
- Universal TK/Kindergarten Information Sheet (Both UTK and Kindergarten) – Universal TK/Kindergarten Information Sheet
(Students with special diets requiring accommodations in the cafeteria due to a disability or medical condition are required to submit a Medical Statement. Please click here to download the Special Meal Request Form. For additional information, please call (562) 799-4592 x81118.)
- If you wish to enroll your child in a school other than your child’s assigned school of attendance, please complete the 2024-25 Elementary Intradistrict Transfer Request Form .
- If you live outside of the Los Alamitos Unified School District Boundaries and are applying for an Interdistrict Transfer, please visit the Interdistrict Transfers page.
Los Alamitos Unified School District wants every child to be prepared for success in school. To ensure that kindergarten children are fully able to achieve success in the increasingly rigorous, State-standards-based curriculum, the District also offers Universal Transitional Kindergarten (UTK).
Additional information regarding Universal Transitional Kindergarten will be forthcoming.
Last Modified on November 30, 2023